Speaker on Environmental Sustainability in Eau Claire Dec. 6

Gragert, Jeremy Evan (GRAGERJE@uwec.edu)
Mon, 3 Dec 2007 18:35:11 -0600

From: "Gragert, Jeremy Evan" <GRAGERJE@uwec.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 18:35:11 -0600
Subject: Speaker on Environmental Sustainability in Eau Claire Dec. 6

I have seen Terry Gips and I recommend anyone interested in or already invo lved with environmental sustainability efforts in Eau Claire or at UWEC to attend the following event this week. A flyer is attached with more informa tion:

Introduction to Sustainability & the Natural Step Framework

What is sustainability and the Natural Step Framework? Can we

create a sustainable future for us and our children? Does

environmental responsibility have to cost more or mean a lesser

lifestyle? Is it enough to just recycle? What else should we be

doing to assure a sustainable future?

This session will present an introduction to sustainability and the

NSF, how it can benefit you at home, work and in the community,

and several simple, practical steps you can take to save money,

time and the environment while protecting the health and well-being

of you, your children and future generations. Participants will gain a

positive, new perspective and see how we can create a sustainable

future.

When:

Thursday, December 6, 2007

6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.

Where:

Royal Credit Union Corporate Center

Community Room, Main Floor

200 Riverfront Terrace

Eau Claire, WI 54703

Sponsored by the City of Eau Claire

Presenters:

Terry Gips is an economist, ecologist, author (Breaking the Pesticide Habit
 and The Humane Consumer and

Producer Guide), Adjunct Professor at Minneapolis College of Art and Design
, independent Natural Step

Framework Instructor, and head of Sustainability Associates, a Minneapolis- based environmental consulting

firm. He volunteers as President of the nonprofit Alliance for Sustainabili ty in the Hillel Center at the University

of Minnesota (www.afors.org) and has previously served as Director of Ecolo gical Affairs and Sustainability for

the Aveda Corporation, Cargill assistant to the Chief Economist, White Hous e and Congressional aide, and

co-founder of the Sacramento Community Garden Program.

David Wanberg is a planner, architect, and landscape architect with Sanders
, Wacker, Bergly, Inc. in St..

Paul, MN. He is currently working with Washburn, WI on their Comprehensive Plan and Waterfront

Development Plan using the Natural Step Framework as well as with Ashland, WI using principles of

sustainability for their Comprehensive Plan and Unified Development Ordinan ce.