Report on County Facility Planning by Gregg Moore

Nowlan, Robert A. (RANOWLAN@uwec.edu)
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:00:49 -0600

From: "Nowlan, Robert A." <RANOWLAN@uwec.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:00:49 -0600
Subject: Report on County Facility Planning by Gregg Moore

I don't want --and am not able at present-- to comment on Mary Weil's detai led response to what Don posted from Gregg Moore, but I just want to add to
 what Don wrote below, that Gregg Moore is someone those opposed to the Cou nty Board decision potentially can work with as he is a highly thoughtul, c onscientious, civic-minded, and self-identifyingly progressive man who does
 and will listen carefully and respectfully to a wide range of dfferent poi nts of view. I've come to know him as that, and his wife Emily as likewise
 so, because he is our next-door neighbor, and has been for over eight year s now. He might well be someone that you can reach by working to persuade him to change his mind.

Bob Nowlan

________________________________ From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto: [mailto:sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.e du] On Behalf Of Mowry, Donald D. Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 4:42 PM To: sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: Report on County Facility Planning by Gregg Moore

Dear Colleagues,

I am forwarding these thoughts from Gregg Moore because, whether you agree or disagree with his position, I think they provide a good background for the decision-making process that has resulted in a county board decision t o build a new jail and remodel the existing courthouse.

I have worked with Gregg over the past year to develop an alternative to in carceration program for single women with dependent children, and I respect
 his work and his many years of professional service to the Wisconsin Distr ict Court System.

Sincerely,

Donald D. Mowry, Director Center for Service-Learning and First Year Experience