The Independent: USA 2008: The Great Depression

ranowlan@uwec.edu
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 23:54:04 +0100 (IST)

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 23:54:04 +0100 (IST)
From: ranowlan@uwec.edu
Subject: The Independent: USA 2008: The Great Depression

A friend (ranowlan@uwec.edu) has sent you an article:

USA 2008: The Great Depression http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/usa-2008-the-great-depression-803095.html We knew things were bad on Wall Street, but on Main Street it may be worse. Startling official statistics show that as a new economic recession stalks the United States, a record number of Americans will shortly be depending on food stamps just to feed themselves and their families.

This is a broad yet urgent topic area we are going to need to become steadily more involved confronting in time to come immediately ahead.