Fw: Impeachment Action Requested: Pls. Sign Kucinich PetitionByMidnightToday7-30-08

John & Liz Webster (webjljt@triwest.net)
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:50:29 -0500

From: "John & Liz Webster" <webjljt@triwest.net>
Subject: Fw: Impeachment Action Requested: Pls. Sign Kucinich PetitionByMidnightToday7-30-08
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:50:29 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: DBuzzdavis@aol.com To: DBuzzdavis@aol.com Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:20 PM Subject: Impeachment Action Requested: Pls. Sign Kucinich PetitionByMidnightToday7-30-08

   To: Impeachment Advocates

Fr: Buzz Davis, Chair, WI Impeachment/Bring Our Troops Home and member Vets for Peace Impeachment Committee 608-239-5354 cell#

Would you pls. consider signing two on line impeachment petitions.

One to Dennis Kucinich at online petition at kucinich.us. He is going to take action with his petition on Thursday so he is asking for electronic "signatures" by midnight tonight.

The second is at Democrats.com, the aggressive Dems, at http://democrats.com/35-articles-of-impeachment

House Speaker Pelosi now says, as unbelievable as it is, "If Somebody Had a Crime that the President Had Committed, That Would Be a Different Story." (7-28-08 ABC news program The View)

Impeachment Advocates conducted Madison and Milw. town meetings this week. We had nearly 100 people in Mad. to hear John Nichols and Robert Bowman give rousing speeches. We'll get a Milw. report later.

Thanks for all you do to help!!!! Buzz Davis

***** Message from Rep. Dennis Kucinich asking for action by midnight tonight. If you get this msg. Thurs. or later still respond pls.

URGENT: need your help - Impeachment Petition Deadline Midnight Wednesday

Dear Friends, Because of your vigilance and support for democracy, last Friday was a day of singular importance in Washington. The House Judiciary Committee met to discuss the Bush Administration's abuse of executive power and for the first time the case for Impeachment was discussed in front of a Congressional committee, in depth, at length and with authority. Twenty members of the Judiciary Committee attended the six hour hearing, during which twelve witnesses, including myself and four members of Congress testified. In this hearing I called for the Impeachment of the President for misrepresenting a case for war. This week I will present members of Congress with Impeachment petitions submitted by those of you who have signed the on-line impeachment form. I need your help. In the next few days we must redouble our efforts to get more signatures on the online petition at kucinich.us. I'm asking each of you to please contact at least ten of your friends to go to http://kucinich.us/ now and sign the Impeachment petition that will be delivered by me. Wednesday night is the deadline. Please send out an email to all your friends and family, post this link, http://kucinich.us/ to your blogs and make this effort count as this is the only petition that I will deliver. Thank you so very much.

Dennis

****** Message from Democrats.com asking for action. If you decide to take time to do calling pls. use these toll free numbers 800-828-0498, 800-459-1887 or 800-614-2803. Rep. Tammy Baldwin is the only WI House member to sign on the Kucinich's 35 articles of impeachment & his latest resolution of one article.

All other House members need to be called and asked to sign on as co-sponsors of all the Resolutions to impeach Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney. So if you have time for just two calls: Thank Rep. Baldwin and ask Rep. Gwen Moore to co-sign.

      Impeachment Step 2

      Tell your Representatives to co-sponsor Rep. Kucinich's 35 Articles of Impeachment:
      http://democrats.com/35-articles-of-impeachment

      After more than three years of grassroots pressure from true patriots like you, Congress finally took step 1 towards impeaching George W. Bush for his High Crimes by holding a "non-impeachment hearing" last Friday.

      Witnesses led by Dennis Kucinich, Elliot Adams, Rocky Anderson, Bob Barr, Vincent Bugliosi, Bruce Fein, Maurice Hinchey, and Elizabeth Holtzman presented an overwhelming case for impeachment. Watch the individual videos and the wrap-up by American News Project.

      Most of the Democrats who attended the hearings were excellent . If one of these is your Representative, or if you contributed to their campaigns, please call 202-224-3121 to thank them for supporting impeachment: Dennis Kucinich, Robert Wexler, Tammy Baldwin, Keith Ellison, Maurice Hinchey, Sheila Jackson-Lee, and Hank Johnson.

      Chairman John Conyers insisted it was not an "impeachment hearing." But he also said, "I believe the evidence on these matters is both credible and substantial and warrant the response of the executive branch, under oath if at all possible... Let me add, we are not done yet, and we do not intend to go away until we achieve the accountability that Congress is entitled to and the American people deserve ."

      And by the end of the hearing, even the see-no-evil Republican witnesses admitted Congress should consider impeachment. So what stands in the way of real impeachment hearings?

      1. 228 Democrats (and 199 Republicans) who have not co-sponsored Articles of Impeachment against George Bush. Tell your Representatives to co-sponsor Rep. Kucinich's 35 Articles of Impeachment:
      http://democrats.com/35-articles-of-impeachment

      2. Key Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee who do not support impeachment.

      a. Impeachment Hamlets: Bobby Scott, Zoe Lofgren, and Jerry Nadler believe Bush committed impeachable offenses, but they are terrified to support impeachment. Call them to find out why they can't make up their minds:
      http://www.causecaller.com/wiki/Judiciary_Impeachment_Hamlets

      b. AWOL Democrats: These members showed their contempt for the Constitution (and their constituents) by not even attending the July 25 hearing: Howard Berman, Rick Boucher, Artur Davis, Bill Delahunt, Luis Gutierrez, Linda Sanchez, Betty Sutton, Maxine Waters, Anthony Weiner. Call them to find out why they failed to do their jobs - and when they will support impeachment:
      http://www.causecaller.com/wiki/Judiciary_Impeachment_AWOL

      c. Impeachment opponents: Adam Schiff, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and Mel Watt believe none of Bush's High Crimes are impeachable. Call them to find out why they have betrayed their Oath of Office:
      http://www.causecaller.com/wiki/Judiciary_Impeachment_Opponents

      3. House Democratic "Leaders" who oppose impeachment: Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, Caucus Chair Rahm Emanuel, Whip Jim Clyburn, and DCCC chair Chris Van Hollen believe impeachment would hurt Democrats in November. Call them to say serious impeachment hearings will expose Republican High Crimes and help Democrats at all levels:
       http://www.causecaller.com/wiki/Democratic_Leaders_Should_Impeach_Bush

      Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!

------- Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.