Bone Marrow Drive

Sen, Asha (SENA@uwec.edu)
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:07:17 -0500

From: "Sen, Asha" <SENA@uwec.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:07:17 -0500
Subject: Bone Marrow Drive

Dear SFPJ colleagues,

As part of the annual Eberth Alarcon Memorial Peace and Justice Series, I w ould be very grateful if SFPJ would join other campus organizations in spon soring a bone marrow drive on March 3rd 2009. As you may know, minorities have an incredibly difficult time finding compatible donors, so it would be
 great if SFPJ could sponsor the National Marrow Donor registry coming to c ampus so that both minorities and Caucasians could register to be donors.
 I've already been in conversation with Beatriz Martinez of the NDMP and th ey are excited about the chance to recruit here. I'll be happy to talk mor e about this at next week's meeting.

Thanks,

Asha Sen, PhD Associate Professor Dept. of English University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Eau Claire, WI 54702 Office Phone: 715 836 2732 Email: sena@uwec.edu