Re: [WisPeaceInfo] Voices Against Afghanistan War

Pope, Karen O. (POPEKJ@uwec.edu)
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:09:17 -0600

From: "Pope, Karen O." <POPEKJ@uwec.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:09:17 -0600
Subject: FW: [WisPeaceInfo] Voices Against Afghanistan War

We need to push Sen Feingold right now while there is time in saying NO to Afghanistan escalation--he and others can filibuster. We need to demand no
 more war. Besides being immoral there is no scenario in which we could "w in", and it's too expensive.

AP article below from Common Dreams yesterday forwarded by our Menomonie fr iends.

Feingold's email: http://feingold.senate.gov/contact_opinion.html Obama's email: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

Karen Osborne Pope Associate Professor Emerita, McIntyre Library University of WI - Eau Claire popekj@uwec.edu cell 715 529 0272

________________________________________ From: WisPeaceInfo@yahoogroups.com [WisPeaceInfo@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
 Of Marion Lang [marionlang@charter.net] Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 8:14 AM To: wispeace Subject: [WisPeaceInfo] Voices Against Afghanistan War

The AP article, in the link below is a collection of comments ( Feingold, Gates, Biden), expressing serious concern, doubts, about US war in Afghanistan, is worth a read. The people in the anti-war movement ( that's me and you) also need to be heard. You know the drill: call representatives - write to the paper - organize - be peace right now.

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/02/09-0

Peace, Marion

marion lang 314 11th Street E Menomonie, WI 54751

marionlang@charter.net<mailto:marionlang%40charter.net> 715.235.5686

.