REMINDER - Fri., Feb 20, 4pm to 6pm Iraq Moratorium 'Stand' - Come and show Eau Claire you want our troops OUT of Iraq

Pope, Karen O. (POPEKJ@uwec.edu)
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:47:56 -0600

From: "Pope, Karen O." <POPEKJ@uwec.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:47:56 -0600
Subject: REMINDER - Fri., Feb 20, 4pm to 6pm Iraq Moratorium 'Stand' - Come and show Eau Claire you want our troops OUT of Iraq

Try to stand or get involved with this very dedicated local group. It's cold and inconvenient, but consider these statistics:

Iraq's Shocking Human Toll: About 1 Million Killed, 4.5 Million Displaced, 1-2 Million Widows, 5 Million Orphans

               courtesy of Alternet.org http://www.alternet.org/module/pr intversion/123818

Karen

________________________________________ From: Lou_Recine [recinelouis@sbcglobal.net] Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:04 AM To: recinelouis@sbcglobal.net Subject: REMINDER - Fri., Feb 20, 4pm to 6pm Iraq Moratorium 'Stand' - Come
 and show Eau Claire you want our troops OUT of Iraq

The Lord give you peace! (Greeting of St. Francis of Assisi) As-Salaamu `Aleykum

Come for as short or long as you'd like, between the hours of 4pm and 6pm. DRESS WARMLY. We will be standing on the corner of Bracket Avenue and Business US Hwy 53 (right next to Jimmy Woo's). If at all possible, bring a sign (small or large). Show Eau Claire that we want to bring an end to this war. Hope to see you there!

Whether you can come or not, PLEASE consider calling your federal Wisconsin Senators and your Representative and letting them know you want them to bring our troops home from Iraq! Please know that the current Status of Forces Agreement between Iraq and the U.S. does NOT prevent the U.S. from giving Iraq one-year's notice that we are withdrawing all combat forces. To the best of my knowledge, the following phone numbers are accurate:

Russ Feingold's La Crosse office ph#: (608) 782-5585 Russ' Washington D.C. office ph#: (202) 224-5323

Herb Kohl's Eau Claire office ph#: (715) 832-8424 Herb's Washington D.C. ph#: (202) 224-5653

Ron Kind's Eau Claire office ph#: (715) 831-9214 Ron's Washington D.C. ph#: (202) 225-5506

If Ron Kind is not your representative, you can find your Representatives at: http://www.house.gov/writerep/ (once you get to the web page of your Representative, you should be able to find one or more phone numbers there for your Representative.

You can find out more about Iraq Moratorium at:

Iraq Moratorium in Wisconsin - http://www.iraqmoratoriumwis.blogspot.com/

Iraq Moratorium, National - http://www.iraqmoratorium.com/

Please let me know if you do not want to receive emails like this, and I will remove you from my list.

Peace and all good to you, Lou, SFO
(Secular Franciscan Order) http://v4pi.blogspot.com/ http://sites.google.com/site/voices4pi/

Voices For Peace Institute LLC is committed to changing public opinion and moving the public to action so that being antiwar becomes mainstream and popular with the broadest possible segment of the American people. Voices For Peace Institute LLC is a tiny little member of the Wisconsin Network for Peace and Justice (www.wnpj.org)

------------- The U.S. military's use of depleted uranium in it's ammunition in the Iraq war and other wars is similar to unleashing a dirty bomb nuclear war against innocent civilians. Contact your your Senators and House Representatives to put a STOP to using depleted uranium in military munitions! Find your Senators at: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm Find your Representatives at: http://www.house.gov/writerep/