RE: Council Oak meetings

Gragert, Jeremy Evan (GRAGERJE@uwec.edu)
Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:15:01 -0500

From: "Gragert, Jeremy Evan" <GRAGERJE@uwec.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:15:01 -0500
Subject: RE: Council Oak meetings

This is a very relevent meeting to bring up the issue of the Council Oak, a nd issues of the building and paved-surface footprint, sustainable building
 design, etc. Jeremy Gragert

----------------------------------

Meeting to discuss new student center environmental impact<http://uwecnotic es.blogspot.com/2009/08/meeting-to-discuss-new-student-center.html> A draft environmental impact statement (EIS) regarding the new UW-Eau Clair e student center project will be presented at a public meeting at 5:30 p.m.
 Sept. 22 in the Alumni Room of Davies Center at UW-Eau Claire. The purpose
 of the draft EIS is to identify potential impacts of the project on the ph ysical, biological, social and economic environments. The draft EIS is avai lable to the public and to appropriate federal, state and local agencies fo r a 45-day review period beginning Aug. 31 and concluding Oct. 14. The draf t EIS and comment submission form can be downloaded online at http://www.ay resprojectinfo.com/UWEC-Davies Center Replacement-EIS/<http://www.ayresproj ectinfo.com/UWEC-Davies%20Center%20Replacement-EIS/>. Read the official mee ting notice<http://www.uwec.edu/News/upload/StudentCenterEISNotice_0909.pdf
>.
________________________________ From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu [sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Giamati, Claudia M. [GIAMATCM@uwec.edu] Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 1:36 PM To: SFPJ Subject: Council Oak meetings

To those of you who were unaware, The Council Oak Tree marks an historic place of peace. Thus, it seems an a ppropriate subject for this list. In addition, this is a local issue that c ould be more meaningful than button that says EDI. Enjoy, cg

Boozhoo! The Council Oak Tree needs your support at the following meetings. We want
 bodies to fill the room. If you wish to speak, that would be great too. Monday Sept. 21st 2pm-3pm Presidents Room Davies Student Center UWEC Campus We are meeting with the UWEC Administration. Monday Sept. 21st 7pm the Eau Claire City Council is meeting at City Hall t o discuss the building proposal. Our presence has been requested. Tuesday Sept. 22nd 3:00 Council Fire Room UWEC Campus We are bringing this issue to University Senate.

Please come! We are attaching a petition to this email. We are hoping to
 have these in the American Indian Studies Office Hibbard 150 on Monday or Tuesday so we can take a tally of names to these meetings.

Sent For: Wendy Makoons Geniusz, Director of American Indian Studies Sent By: Hickory Tate, AIS major