Re: Invitation

Pioneer Village (museum1@chibardun.net)
Mon, 19 May 2008 09:48:16 -0500

From: "Pioneer Village" <museum1@chibardun.net>
Subject: Re: Invitation
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 09:48:16 -0500

Our buildings are all private donations so far. We are now in the process of developing plans for a new Visitor Center ( kitchen, library & meeting/exhibit hall ). We inherited a goodly sum from a retired teacher, so have "seed money". Our local vocational school architectural design class did 2 plans for us. There is a historic home we want, also, but must purchase it. So, we'll see- moving it alone costs $35,000! We charge admission now - didn't when we were small - we do get a county alottment. Also, our membership monies go towards the budget. We have a small gift shop and a saloon with soda and ice cream, etc., so it all counts up.
----- Original Message ----- From: "leeplace" <leeplace@maqs.net> To: <localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 6:04 PM Subject: Re: Invitation