RE: Marketing

Baker, Susan K - WHS (Susan.Baker@wisconsinhistory.org)
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:19:54 -0500

Subject: RE: Marketing
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:19:54 -0500
From: "Baker, Susan K - WHS" <Susan.Baker@wisconsinhistory.org>

Do you have a Convention and Visitors Bureau or Chamber of Commerce that distributes visitor information?

Are there other cultural organizations in your area with whom you could partner, i.e. take turns "making the rounds" to distribute both (or more) organizations' brochures?

It's almost as daunting to determine where NOT to distribute (waste) brochures.

Good luck.

Susan K. Baker Special Events Manager Wisconsin Historical Foundation 816 State Street P.O. Box 260050 Madison, WI 53726-0050 Phone: (608) 261-1856 Fax: (608) 264-6545 susan.baker@wisconsinhistory.org www.wisconsinhistory.org/whf

This message contains confidential and proprietary information and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the e-mail sender immediately, and delete the original message without making a copy.

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Mary Forer Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:43 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Marketing

We have recently finished producing a new brochure for our Yawkey House Museum and are now reviewing our options for distribution.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how best to distribute our brochure? We have talked to several distribution companies in the area, but the cost seems very high.

Thanks.

Mary Forer, Executive Director Marathon County Historical Society 410 McIndoe Street Wausau, WI 54403 715-842-5750