re: funding for societies

Pioneer Village (museum1@chibardun.net)
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:11:29 -0500

From: "Pioneer Village" <museum1@chibardun.net>
Subject: re: funding for societies
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:11:29 -0500

I just have to let all of you know how grateful we are here at the BarronCounty Historical Society- our Pioneer Village was once a County game farm, and when a building became available (a school) to use as a museum, it was put on the County land, and as we evolved & grew, since the County owns the land, we became a partnership with the county and have been on the County budget ever since. With all the budget cuts, we have been under the radar, so to speak, and as Barron County's only tourist attraction, they seem to want to support us. And as we bring in more revenues on our own, we should survive potential budget cuts. I don't intend to brag, but have just been reminded by all your communications how lucky we are. We wish the best for all of you, and good luck. Pat