RE: Museum visitor sign in log and donation container

Monette Bebow-Reinhard (grimm1@bayland.net)
Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:16:23 -0500

From: "Monette Bebow-Reinhard" <grimm1@bayland.net>
Subject: RE: Museum visitor sign in log and donation container
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:16:23 -0500

I agree - I give life memberships only to those who've made a considerable contribution to the museum in lieu of money - for instance, I've had people cleaning and fixing things inside and not charging. I make them lifetime, because I hope to be able to call on them again in some manner!

I will be re-doing our membership dues based on a higher charge for those who get their newsletters in the mail. People who take it by email should get a membership at reduced fee.

Monette

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Nancy Frank Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:10 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Re: Museum visitor sign in log and donation container

Paul -

Glad you put this information out, and I will piggy-back one suggestion. Consider carefully before having a Life Member category. Studies show that it makes people feel like they never have to give again. Unless the number is a REALLY large one, I would advise against it. Just my opinion, and would gladly hear other points of view.

Nancy

Nancy Frank