Re: Museum visitor sign in log and donation container

Laurie Wermter (lwermter@library.wisc.edu)
Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:03:57 -0500

Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:03:57 -0500
From: Laurie Wermter <lwermter@library.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: Museum visitor sign in log and donation container

I know that $15 is a _lot_ for me. You know the people in your community, so perhaps it is fair to characterize that size of a donation as "a lousy $15."

To turn things around,however, perhaps there are some different fundraising ideas for renovation campaigns that could be tried by your group?

I think that usually people in a community will respond well to a new approach for a good cause (such as a simple, fun get-together where they can make their donation). Maybe get some ideas from the type of fundraisers used by political campaigns--a lot of the people raising money for political campaigns are bursting with great ideas that are low-cost, effective and fun for the contributors. A campaign fundraiser might actually be flattered to be consulted about your museum's needs. (I've watched workshops on C-SPAN given by political fundraisers and thought of many of their ideas that I could even implement their suggestions!)

Regards,

Laurie Wermter Wisconsin Labor History Society lwermter@library.wisc.edu

--
Regards,

Laurie Wermter lwermter@library.wisc.edu

“Joy from Truth’s own glass of fire Sweetly on the Searcher smiles; Lest on Virtue’s steeps she tire, Joy the tedious path beguiles.”

[from “Hymn to Joy” by Friedrich Schiller, 1759-1805]