Re: List Serve FW: Fees for Services

Vern Magee (vmagee@wi.rr.com)
Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:55:26 -0500

Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:55:26 -0500
From: Vern Magee <vmagee@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: List Serve FW: Fees for Services

The Geneva Lake Museum tries to have some times during the year where we have free admission, but also have various events to raise funds. We had a slide show depicting old mansions around the lake, then lunch, and then a speaker about heritage plants. Lunch was catered with 78 people in attendance. We had a Railroad event with only donations suggested, which did not raise very much revenue. If you are a member of the History Buffs, you may visit as many times as you wish. Children under 11 are free and we have a student rate, senior, and adult fee. We are trying to rent out our space as a source of income also. When one of our board members passed away, the family asked for memorials be given in his name to the Museum.

We got some display cases from antique stores that were going out of business. If I remember correctly, they were 175 dollars each. They are very plain, but I am hoping we might be able to add some crown molding, paint, etc to give them some character. They have sliding glass doors and can be locked, which is a good thing. When we started a small Museum store, we took the glass off of two of them, because it did not look very people friendly with the glass doors on them.

Vern Magee President