RE: Listserve...Volunteers

Historical (historical@buffalocounty.com)
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:05:21 -0500

Subject: RE: Listserve...Volunteers
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:05:21 -0500
From: "Historical" <historical@buffalocounty.com>

Even board members should track hours. It helps to be able to tell future board members how many hours board members of the past have compiled so they can get a good handle on how many hours are put in. That may be a big range, but it helps nonetheless. It also helps to have everyone track volunteer hours (even paid staff that volunteer for a special event if they so desire) so that when volunteer appreciation comes around, they are not forgotten.

Mr. Kelly Herold Executive Director Buffalo County Historical Society 407 South Second St. PO Box 394 Alma, WI 54610 608-685-6290

http://www.bchsonline.com

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Nancy L. O'Kelley Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:36 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Listserve...Volunteers

Hello everyone.

This is probably a very basic question but something I haven't thought about until now. We are going to start having volunteers keep track of their time when working on projects. And I have a question. Who are considered volunteers? All members..non-members...officers..board members..committee chairs???

I would appreciate some ideas from those who have been doing this.

Nancy O'Kelley President Howard-Suamico Historical Society nokelley@hshistoricalsociety.org