RE: Listserve...Volunteers

Jim Hahn (jhahn@wchsm.org)
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:03:58 -0700

From: "Jim Hahn" <jhahn@wchsm.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:03:58 -0700
Subject: RE: Listserve...Volunteers

Anyone not paid for their services is a volunteer and should be tracked, in cluding Board members.

Unless the person is providing a highly specialized service (attorney, acco untant) -- the calculation for the hourly value is dictated by Independent Sector. They provide a state-by-state valuation for an hour of volunteer ti me and a national average.

Here is the current link:

http://www.independentsector.org/programs/research/volunteer_time.html

- Jim Hahn, CFRE
  Director of Development & Marketing
  Waukesha County Historical Society & Museum
  101 W Main Street / Waukesha, WI 53186

  (262) 521-2859 x 228
   (412) 716-1880 cell
   jhahn@wchsm.org

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Nancy L. O'Kelley Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:36 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Listserve...Volunteers

Hello everyone.

This is probably a very basic question but something I haven't thought about until now. We are going to start having volunteers keep track of their time when working on projects. And I have a question. Who are considered volunteers? All members..non-members...officers..board members..committee chairs???

I would appreciate some ideas from those who have been doing this.

Nancy O'Kelley President Howard-Suamico Historical Society nokelley@hshistoricalsociety.org