Re: Insurance for historical collections

Sauk-Prairie Area Historical Society (spahs@verizon.net)
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:20:24 -0600 (CST)

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:20:24 -0600 (CST)
From: Sauk-Prairie Area Historical Society <spahs@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance for historical collections

We are concerned about our collection of artifacts and I am wondering how other societies handle the insurance issue.  Do you carry insurance on replacement if something should happen such as a fire?

What about incoming loans that are for an exhibit?  Are they insured?  Are we responsible for items brought in for the Collection Committee to determine if we want to accept them?

Are there any companies that have reasonable rates?

Fauhn Breunig
Museum Manager

 Sauk Prairie Area Historical Society
565 Water St., Prairie du Sac, WI 53578