PastPerfect membership records

Elizabeth Terlinden (terlinden@sbcglobal.net)
Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:20:48 -0800 (PST)

Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:20:48 -0800 (PST)
From: Elizabeth Terlinden <terlinden@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: PastPerfect membership records

Hello, Does anyone have any ideas as to how to enter married couples in PastPerfec t membership? Our membership categories include "individual," "family" and
"senior citizen."  Some couples join as family, others as 2 senior citi zen members. For example, I'll say our membership consists of  50 married
 couples, one of whom is John and Mary Smith.  I  entered both toge ther in "add new contact": Thus, under "first name," there were two names: John and Mary, and under "salutation," I put in: Mr. and Mrs, rather than a n individual salutation. The only thing the manual says is "a separate reco rd may be created for each individual." and that they could be linked. Th e first way (entering both as one contact) seems like it would throw off th e membership count. Also, if one dies, "stop mail" stops the membership/ ma ilings for the surviving spouse. The second way - entering them individua lly and linking them seems like each household would get 2 of each mailing.
 hope you can understand this the way I've written it! Thank you in advance
. Bettsy Terlinden, Clark House Museum, Pewaukee