RE: PastPerfect membership records

Historical (historical@buffalocounty.com)
Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:01:26 -0600

Subject: RE: PastPerfect membership records
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 08:01:26 -0600
From: "Historical" <historical@buffalocounty.com>

In our system, we create a separate entry for each person and link them together using the "Bill-To" flag to identify the one we want in our newsletter list. I have also seen people make one contact including both names as a membership contact and if they donate or volunteer as an individual, they then add in a separate contact for the individual. You can then flag that person to be excluded or added to a list if needed. That is probably the better method, but we are stuck the old way for now! :P

Mr. Kelly Herold Executive Director Buffalo County Historical Society 407 South Second St. PO Box 394 Alma, WI 54610 608-685-6290

http://www.bchsonline.com <http://www.bchsonline.com>

Make a Donation
<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=historica l%4 0buffalocounty%2Ecom&item_name=&no_shipping=1&pbtype=donation&bn= paywiz4 mso-001.000&mrb=R-4VT64848FL959270J>

________________________________

This email was generated using the Payment Request Wizard (for Microsoft Outlook) <https://www.paypal.com/outlook> . Visit www.paypal.com/outlook
<https://www.paypal.com/outlook> to download a free copy from PayPal.

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Terlinden Sent: Friday, November 27, 2009 6:21 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: PastPerfect membership records

Hello,

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to enter married couples in PastPerfect membership? Our membership categories include "individual,"
"family" and "senior citizen." Some couples join as family, others as 2 senior citizen members. For example, I'll say our membership consists of 50 married couples, one of whom is John and Mary Smith. I entered both together in "add new contact": Thus, under "first name," there were two names: John and Mary, and under "salutation," I put in: Mr. and Mrs, rather than an individual salutation. The only thing the manual says is
"a separate record may be created for each individual." and that they could be linked. The first way (entering both as one contact) seems like it would throw off the membership count. Also, if one dies, "stop mail" stops the membership/ mailings for the surviving spouse. The second way
- entering them individually and linking them seems like each household would get 2 of each mailing. I hope you can understand this the way I've written it! Thank you in advance.

Bettsy Terlinden, Clark House Museum, Pewaukee