Re: Help--Suggestions!

Lisa/Bill Lickel (lickels@netzero.com)
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:04:45 -0600

From: "Lisa/Bill Lickel" <lickels@netzero.com>
Subject: Re: Help--Suggestions!
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:04:45 -0600

Preservation - for a while. I'm sure there will be lots of suggestions. You shouldn't enclose paper with plastic, even the thick clear sheets you can get at Farm and Fleet/Fleet Farm/Menards, so my suggestion, even for a permanent solution, would be to have some non-glare, non-UV ray glass panels cut by a local glazer or framer to the size of the paper. I know that can be fairly large so they'd be heavy, but have them sandwich the paper in between and clip them if non-permanent, or frame it if this is a good solution for you. If you have a map carousel, you can set it in there, or even have a flip stand made strong enough for guests to use. A first edition is pretty neat.

I have a large map puzzle that I framed several years ago with large clear hard plastic sheets and used barn boards from my father-in-law's barn for the outside - but that's not meant for preservation.

Lisa Lickel lisalickel.com Farmington Historical Society, East Central