RE: Help--Suggestions!

Cross, Christine (christinec@newlondonwi.org)
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:58:45 -0600

From: "Cross, Christine" <christinec@newlondonwi.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:58:45 -0600
Subject: RE: Help--Suggestions!

Jay,
    Never laminate! I would recommend having a conservator de-acidify the n ewspaper (may I suggest contacting Doug Stone at Fulkerstone Conservation i n Milwaukee) then store the newspaper flat in an acid free box with acid fr ee paper in between the three pages. You may also want to copy the paper so
 that the copy can be looked at, not the original. Good Luck, Christine Cross Director New London Public Museum 406 South Pearl St. New London, WI 54961 920-982-8520 www.newlondonwi.org/museum.html christinec@newlondonwi.org<mailto:christinec@newlondonwi.org> Join the museum's fan club on Facebook!

________________________________ From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Cambria Friesland Historical Society Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:56 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Help--Suggestions!

Recently we have been given a copy of the first Cambria Newspaper--The Camb ria Journal--10-18-1882--Volume One. It is in very delicate condition and b elieve it can't be laminated--it is only 3 pages long. Is there a way of pr eserving it "for a while ?" I am aware how newspapers deteriorate. Any sug gestions would be appreciated. Jay Williams, President