RE: Help--Suggestions!

Rita Frakes (rita42@centurytel.net)
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:38:56 -0600

From: "Rita Frakes" <rita42@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: Help--Suggestions!
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:38:56 -0600

 Jay,

You might want to check into encapsulation which will protect the paper. The state historical society people can explain this method to you. Lamination as it is not a reversible process but encapsulation is reversible.

Rita, Curator Mazomanie Historical Society

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Cambria Friesland Historical Society Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:56 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Help--Suggestions!

Recently we have been given a copy of the first Cambria Newspaper--The Cambria Journal--10-18-1882--Volume One. It is in very delicate condition and believe it can't be laminated--it is only 3 pages long. Is there a way of preserving it "for a while ?" I am aware how newspapers deteriorate. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Jay Williams, President