List Serve FW: Waterloo Area Historical Society

Seymour, Janet I (DYKEMAJI@uwec.edu)
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:09:08 -0500

From: "Seymour, Janet I" <DYKEMAJI@uwec.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:09:08 -0500
Subject: List Serve FW: Waterloo Area Historical Society

Greetings fellow local history members,

We at the Waterloo Area Historical Society are pleased to announce the open ing of our new entrance to the Museum in Waterloo, Wisconsin! We are locate d in an 1869 building that use to be the Catholic Church; it never had sewe r or water (which we have added) and also added a lift and rest room! This
 major fund-raising mission covered over ten years of planning, revising, several architect plans, and we are proud to

announce WE DID IT!! May 30th will be our official opening, but we

will open for the Jefferson Preservation event on Saturday, April 24th

- with all local historical societies open in Jefferson County that day. Op en 1 - 4 on Sat., April 24th, May 30th-1-4. Please join us!!

We also have several copies of the Sesquicentennial Book, A Bird's Eye View
 of Waterloo, Jefferson County, Wisconsin for sale that was written by mate rial from our achieves in 2009 for Waterloo's 150th Anniversary. Cost: $15,
 if sent-$20 to cover handling. Plus we have a few copies of Historic One-R oom One-Teacher Schools in the Waterloo Area full of priceless pictures of over 20 one room schools.

Contact Maureen Giese, renie.giese@gmail.com<mailto:renie.giese@gmail.com> for more information.