Free WI Trails Promotional Opportunity for WI Museums Week participants

Bridgitt Zielke (zielkefamily@charter.net)
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:14:44 -0500

From: Bridgitt Zielke <zielkefamily@charter.net>
Subject: Free WI Trails Promotional Opportunity for WI Museums Week participants
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:14:44 -0500

Good Afternoon Museum Representatives:

I'm writing on behalf of the Wisconsin Federation of Museums (WFM) to share with you a free marketing opportunity that has been presented to 2010 Wisconsin Museums Week participants by Wisconsin Trails. In response to the Wisconsin Museums Week press release that I sent to Wisconsin Trails, the editors have requested a list of 2010 events at specific museums for Museums Week. The editors are considering
(though can't guarantee) having a special call-out section in the events & happenings section in their May/June issue which would highlight Museums Week events. Apparently they did something similar with St. Patrick's Day events in their March/April issue. But anyway, it sounds like an awesome vehicle to get the word out about Museums Week 2010 events and activities, and I encourage you to send information about your organization's 2010 Museums Week events/ activities to WI Trails. They have requested that you send the date, location and a short description of the Museums Week event(s) and the museum's contact information to Wisconsin Trails assistant editor, Chelsey Lewis at clewis@wistrails.com by Friday, March 26th. If you could also send a carbon copy of your email to Chelsey to me @ zielkefamily@charter.net, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Per my previous email regarding advertising in Wisconsin Trails, the May/June issue of the magazine will have an editorial highlighting Wisconsin museums which will mention Wisconsin Museums Week and may include some event information for 2010 Museums Week. So please share your Museums Week activities with them.

If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm looking forward to a fun-filled, thought provoking 2010 Wisconsin Museums Week!

Sincerely, Bridgitt Zielke Wisconsin Federation of Museums board member and Wisconsin Museums Week coordinator
& Independent Museum Program Consultant

1026 Aspen Rd., Kohler, WI 53044 920-452-6276