RE: Scanning Documents

Mary Forer (director@marathoncountyhistory.org)
Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:34:51 -0500

From: "Mary Forer" <director@marathoncountyhistory.org>
Subject: RE: Scanning Documents
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:34:51 -0500

We typically do not let people bring in their own scanners unless we first discuss their project and the materials they will be using or scanning. There are times when it is best to have the researcher do their own scanning, but most of the time we will let them select their materials and scan for them. This helps ensure that the materials are handled correctly and gives us a chance to see if the item has already been digitized.

We charge $10.00 per digital copy whether we scan the item, the researcher scans the item and even if we already have the item digitized and stored on our network. The fees help offset the cost of maintaining our library and most researchers can appreciate that.

Mary Forer Marathon County Historical Society