Re: Leases of Historic Properties

Susan Wilkinson (swilkinson2002@yahoo.com)
Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:57:02 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:57:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Susan Wilkinson <swilkinson2002@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Leases of Historic Properties

Craig, The City of Eagle River owns the old train depot.  Four years ago they re novated the building with government grants and the help of some of the cit y's civic organizations.  One of the grant stipulations was that the buil ding be leased to a non-profit.  The Eagle River Historical Society opene d a second museum at this great downtown location.  Because Eagle River i s a tourist area, the city is quite pleased that the Depot Museum has had o ver 3,500 visitors each of the last two years (We are open six days a week Memorial Day through the first week in Oct and Saturdays only for the rest of October through Klondike Days in February-then closed until Memorial Day
.)  The city has public rest rooms at one end of the Depot building which
 they maintain.  Our lease payments are nominal and were originally calcu lated to cover utilities for our part of the building.  We have encount ered no problems regarding our (very standard) lease with the city.  We
 take good care of their building and the city takes care of any repair iss ues in a better than timely manner.  Both the Historical Society and the City consider this a win/win situation.
  Susan Wilkinson