RE: Leases of Historic Properties

Tom Schlief (kenoshahistorycenter@gmail.com)
Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:02:18 -0500

From: Tom Schlief <kenoshahistorycenter@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Leases of Historic Properties
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:02:18 -0500

Craig

The Kenosha History Center leases ( $1 per year for each) two properties from the City of Kenosha, the History Center's main building and the Southport Light Station Museum. The City insures both structures, we provide liability insurance and insure museum content. The City through a one million dollar grant converted the 1916 Kenosha Water Utility building into a usable structure to house the Historical Museum. We have raised all the funds to build exhibits in this building. We have also raised all funds to restore the 1866 Southport Light station and have completed exhibits on the first floor and opened the building this spring. The Kenosha History Center maintains both buildings. For any major repairs of over $5,000 we can negotiate with the City to have them pick up part or all of the cost. The City maintains the grounds and does trash pick-up. I can forward you a copy of the lease agreement if you would like.

Tom Schleif Executive Director Kenosha History Center