Question old glass negatives

Drummond Museum (drummondmuseum@cheqnet.net)
Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:38:38 -0500

From: "Drummond Museum" <drummondmuseum@cheqnet.net>
Subject: Question old glass negatives
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:38:38 -0500

The Drummond Historical Museum has had four boxes of 51/2 x 3/14 glass negatives for many years. We had asked one of the founders of the museum where they came from and he said a phtographer from Hayward dropped them off when the museum was opened in 1975. They had sat in a file drawer ever since. We had viewed them by holding them up to the lights and could see that some of them were taken inside the old Rust-Owen Company Store built in 1914. The photos were taken in the early life of that store.

We took quite a few of the slides to Northern Photographics in Ashland and had them put on CD and then we chose three tohave increased in size and put into a large frame with matting. The photos are fantastic and we believe almost clearer than taken with any camera. We also have many old cars on the glass frames that also have photos in the museum but nothing as clear as we can get off the glass negatives.

Good luck with your negatives. Such a treasure. Patsy Larsen