Historical Marker Question

Museum Consultant (oahs-m@sbcglobal.net)
Thu, 3 Feb 2011 13:13:23 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 13:13:23 -0800 (PST)
From: Museum Consultant <oahs-m@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Historical Marker Question

  The Oconomowoc Chamber of Commerce Foundation is interested in placing sign s at historic locations in the downtown area.  They are interested in lea rning what other localities have done.   Some of their questions deal w ith where should signage be placed (e.g. only at the site of existing histo ric buildings or also at  historic sites) and what constitutes a location
 to be considered to be historic.  What are your thoughts on having signs
 that only identify the historic site vs. signs that also contain historic information.  Have signs also carried an identification number that ties into a walking tour? We welcome your thoughts and experience.
  Please send responses directly to me.  Thank You!

Nancy Lins, Administrator 103 W Jefferson St. P.O. Box 969 Oconomowoc WI  53066 Phone:  (262) 569-0740  or   www.oconomowochistoricalsociety.com