RE: Self Publishing Example Lulu

Grabitske, David (David.Grabitske@MNHS.ORG)
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:37:18 -0600

From: "Grabitske, David" <David.Grabitske@MNHS.ORG>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:37:18 -0600
Subject: RE: Self Publishing Example Lulu

Mike Brubaker at the Sherburne History Center in Becker MN did a book throu gh Lulu - looks very good, despite the lack of an index (this is a standard
 for history books that should rarely ever be left out). You may email Mike
: mbrubaker@sherburnehistorycenter.org<mailto:<mailto:mbrubaker@sherburnehistorycen
ter.org>

David Grabitske Minnesota Historical Society

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Sara Nuernberger Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 4:37 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Self Publishing Example Lulu

I am interesting in hearing from anyone who has self-published a book for t heir historical society. We are currently putting together our final draft
 for a book on the history of the one room schools in Taylor County that we
 are interested in self publishing.

Has your organization done this? Did you use Lulu or another of the online publishers? Where you happy with the quality of the book? Was it easy to use their service? Was it more cost effective to self publish so you could order a smaller qua ntity of books?

Thanks you. Sara Nuernberger Board Member Taylor County Historical Society, Medford