RE: emergency policy

Nick (nick@myhistorymuseum.org)
Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:39:43 -0500

From: "Nick " <nick@myhistorymuseum.org>
Subject: RE: emergency policy
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:39:43 -0500

Hello,

I know several organizations that had success with D-Plan: http://www.dplan.org <http://www.dplan.org/>

Get to know your local emergency response officials - especially the fire and police departments.

Good luck!

Nick

Nicholas J. Hoffman, Curator

The History Museum at the Castle

330 East College Avenue

Appleton, WI 54911

www.myhistorymuseum.org

Ph: 920-735-9370

Fx: 920-733-8636

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Seymour, Janet I - WHS Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 10:27 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: emergency policy

In addition to the excellent resources on the MHS website, the Northeast Document Conservation Center has a few very helpful preservation leaflets about disaster planning, including a worksheet.

See section 3 - Emergency management.

 <http://www.nedcc.org/resources/leaflets.list.php> http://www.nedcc.org/resources/leaflets.list.php

Field Services is now on Facebook!

Stay informed about upcoming events and connect with local history and preservation colleagues across the state.

Find us on
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsin-Historical-Society-Field-Services/1 37197716311864?ref=search&v=wall#!/pages/Wisconsin-Historical-Society-Field- Services/137197716311864> Facebook

Janet Seymour

Field Services Representative - Northern Region, Wisconsin Historical Society

c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire

105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701

Voice: 715-836-2250

Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Marcie
[cen95870@centurytel.net] Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:15 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: emergency policy

Is there an existing emergency policy that someone may have? What the board members need to do at the museum in case of fire, flood, tornado. I was just reading about the disaster at the National Czech and Slovak Museum in Iowa and how they have recovered from the flood in 2008. Our board has discussed a disaster policy for some time but we dont know what to include. Thanks.

Marcie Braski, Pres.

Knox Creek Heritage Ctr Inc.

image001.jpg