Local History & Civil War

rtantala@wi.rr.com
Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:49:32 +0000

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:49:32 +0000
From:  <rtantala@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Local History & Civil War

Greetings to all you fans of local history!

On Memorial Day I wrote a post for my blog, HistoryLynx, that may be of interest to you:

"Restoring the Stories of a Rural Township's Civil War Soldiers" at http://historylynx.blogspot.com/2011/05/restoring-stories-of-rural-townships.html

This is about the Town of Concord in Jefferson County but was written for a much broader audience (including readers in more than 40 foreign countries). I'm primarily an Africanist and world historian, venturing wherever my imagination takes me. But for more on Wisconsin, just tap the label at the end of the Civil War post.

Renee Tantala, Concord Historical Society