Book Publishing

Bill Schuette (wschuette@wicw.net)
Wed, 9 Nov 2011 18:39:34 -0600

From: "Bill Schuette" <wschuette@wicw.net>
Subject: Book Publishing
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 18:39:34 -0600

Another source which publishes books is Arcadia Publishing: http://www.arcadiapublishing.com/contact.html If you meet their criteria, they will publish and print your book at no charge to the author. You buy the books at a discount (can’t recall exactly the amount), and sell them for around $21. Since the books are printed in Germany, it can take a month or so to get the final product back. You do have to provide photos and articles according to their format, but that too, isn’t difficult. The book is 6 1/2 x 9 1/4. You may order as many books as you want, with a certain initial minimum of somewhere around 100 (may have changed since we had ours done). Additional orders can be as low as 20. The books are soft cover. We have had published
“Images of Baraboo” Wisconsin, and are very pleased with the quality of work they do. I believe they do limit the number of pages—ours has 128. For cash strapped museums, this might be something to check into. Bill Sauk County Historical Society