Re: Antique Appraisals

Maureen Giese (renie.giese@gmail.com)
Tue, 22 Nov 2011 12:16:39 -0600

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 12:16:39 -0600
Subject: Re: Antique Appraisals
From: Maureen Giese <renie.giese@gmail.com>

The Marshall (WI) Friends of the Library had Mark for an Antique Appraisal event earlier this month. I went over to "observe" as we, The Waterloo Area Historical Society were also contacted for an appraisal event next year by Mark. Marshall and Waterloo are four miles apart. There were many Waterloo people over at the event held in Marshall. I thought Mark did a super job of appraising and people could come and listen and observe what he said, as it was set up so everyone could see and hear. However, we decided not to entertain the idea of having Mark in April next year as we thought we might be, as recently our Antique Mall has hired a person who is certified to do appraising. We would use it as a fund raiser, Marshall Friends of the Library had 19 people pay $15 for the appraisal, $10 went to Mark and
$5 to the Friends. I am not sure if mileage or other extra costs were involved.

Hope this helps in your decision making, Maureen Giese, Waterloo Area Historical Society