RE: taxidermy question

Rita Frakes (rita42@centurytel.net)
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:12:02 -0500

From: "Rita Frakes" <rita42@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: taxidermy question
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:12:02 -0500

 For health and safety reasons, please do some in depth research on this subject as arsenic was used in taxidermy.

Rita

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Barbara Nehring Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:06 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: taxidermy question

Our Land O' Lakes Historical Society's Land O' Lakes NorthernWaters museum has received a loan of a historic young bobcat mount. It is germain to our current display, "Guides, Past and Present",but we are concerned about bringing an old taxidermy mount into our museum. Could bugs or moths be a problem? Visibly, the mount is in good condition. What should our process be? Thanks.

Barbara Nehring

e-mail: tradingpostint@gmail.com