looking for a hay loader

David & Joan Totten (djtotten@earthlink.net)
Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:19:41 -0500

From: "David & Joan Totten" <djtotten@earthlink.net>
Subject: looking for a hay loader
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:19:41 -0500

Greetings from New Berlin

Our Society is developing an exhibit on the agricultural development of our town, using in large part artifacts, pictures, and diaries collected from the well known Cornfalfa Farms of New Berlin. As part of the display focusing on alfalfa/hay production, we have a tentative plan to include a hay machine, such as a hay loader. The picture attached shows a hay loader, which transports hay from the windrow to the wagon, in operation on Cornfalfa Farms.

I am asking if perhaps your group has, or knows of, a hay loader in storage that the owner would like to loan, donate, or sell to be used in our display. This exhibit will be housed in our old fire station, now the New Berlin Historical Museum, on Prospect Hill.

I would also welcome any other suggestions or leads you might have should we need to look further. We do, of course, hope to locate one within a reasonable distance of Waukesha.

David Totten, President

New Berlin Historical Society

www.newberlinhistoricalsociety.org

262-643-8855