Caledonia Homecoming

Michael E. Michna (mich3349@wi.net)
Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:19:02 -0500

From: "Michael E. Michna" <mich3349@wi.net>
Subject: Caledonia Homecoming
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:19:02 -0500

Caledonia Homecoming 2012

September 15 & 16 step back in time at Linwood Park. The Caledonia Historical Society will host a two-day free family friendly event at it's facility on Five mile Road and State Hwy 38. Come Saturday morning for the 10:00 flag raising and stay all day finishing the afternoon with a homemade pie auction. In between take tour of our buildings including the "new" 1840 Rudd log cabin and the Myers Museum. Listen to our Appalachian storyteller, Sari Semple, portrayed by Jessica Michna. See presentations on butter churning, Victorian Mourning Traditions, Blair Mountain Miners Revolt and Civil War fashion show.

Don't miss the period encampments of civilian and military re-enactors, hear the boom of a Civil War cannon and the clang of a blacksmith. Kids can try to find all the signs in our Hobo Scavenger Hunt. And meet a real life hero, Mr. LeRoy Amborn, WW2 veteran and guard at the Nuremburg prison.

Come back Sunday morning for a WW2 field church service, hear First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt as Jessica Michna returns with another of her famous portrayals. Listen to the melodic strains of a mountain dulcimer and wrap up your weekend listening to the eclectic music of "Time after Thyme:.

Michael Michna, President

Caledonia Historical Society