Wisconsin Archeological Society Fall Meeting

ksampson2@wi.rr.com
Sat, 29 Sep 2012 17:52:40 +0000

Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 17:52:40 +0000
From:  <ksampson2@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Wisconsin Archeological Society Fall Meeting

Hi ASU, and Interested Local History and State Historical Society People,

 I am sending the Wisconsin Archeological Society fall 2012 business meetin g and Mississippi Valley Archaeological Center program to you as a way to e ncourage any anthropology students or any interested parties to get involve d in the Wisconsin Archeological Society. We are one of the nations oldest continuous running archaeology organizations, and we publish the nations ol dest continuous running archaeological journal: The Wisconsin Archeologist.
 We are holding our fall business meeting at the Hoard Museum in Fort Atkin son WI this next Saturday, October 6th. Please see attachment here for time s and details. This organization is based on professional and avocational a rchaeological interests with an over 100+ year tradition of advancing Wisco nsin Archaeology. If your a student working on archaeological based researc h projects we encourage you to apply for WAS research grants, and possibly have you research published in The Wisconsin Archeologist journal. We also have various society committees that we encourage people to get involved wi th, such as Preservation of Sites, and Education and Public Outreach. These
 activities are the very foundation of the Wisconsin Archeological Society and will help advance the society in future years to come. Attached is a de tailed agenda of our roundtable discussion and fall meeting agenda, and the
 abstract of the MVAC presentation. I encourage anyone who is interested in
 the WAS or the great "show and tell" artifact lecture MVAC has planned abo ut the Hwy 35 excavations in La crosse this past summer to attend. You are welcome to attend any portion of this meeting and find out how you might ge t involved. Please contact me at 414-405-4367 or by email at t involved. Please contact me at 414-405-4367 or by email at ksampson2@wi.r r.com.

Thank you, and hope to see some of you there. Kurt A. Sampson President-Wisconsin Archeological Society President-Friends of Aztalan State Park Curator of Museum-Dodge County Historical Society Museum