Re: Wisiconsin history DVD

Jeanne Engle (joyfulwoman@yahoo.com)
Fri, 6 Dec 2013 12:10:44 -0800 (PST)

Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 12:10:44 -0800 (PST)
From: Jeanne Engle <joyfulwoman@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Wisiconsin history DVD

Watch the DVD for the various parts of Wisconsin history that are told in s ong and pictures. Then check out Turning Points in Wisconsin History on the
 Wisconsin Historical Society's web site: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/t urningpoints/

On the right-hand side of the screen you'll see a link f or "lesson plans." Click on that for some ideas of discussion questions/act ivities that are suggested for school children. Adapt those for your adults
. The DVD is an hour long (if memory serves) so you just may want to focus on certain parts depending on how long your discussion group meets. For e xample, there's a part on the DVD about immigrants coming to Wisconsin. In Turning Points there are are lesson plans for elementary students on this p articular subject.

Or maybe you could use the DVD for a series of disc ussions on Wisconsin history. Then you could use several of the lesson plan s that match with the DVD segments.

Of course, the adults will have
 experiences/Wisconsin stories to share and a good discussion leader just n eeds to use a few good questions to get the discussion going.

Hope thi s helps, Jeanne