RE: Speaker Suggestions??

Jarrod Roll (mclhr@centurytel.net)
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 15:16:21 -0500

From: "Jarrod Roll" <mclhr@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: Speaker Suggestions??
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 15:16:21 -0500

Hello Destinee.

You may want to consider someone who was involved with the recently published, "People of the Big Voice: Photographs of Ho-Chunk Families by Charles Van Schaick, 1879-1942." You can learn more about it here: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/whspress/books/book.asp?book_id=378

Best,

Jarrod

Jarrod Roll

Director-County Historian

Monroe County Local History Room & Museum

200 West Main St.

Sparta, WI 54656

(608) 269-8680

www.MonroeCountyHistory.org

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Destinee Udelhoven Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:52 PM To: Wisconsin History List Serve Subject: Speaker Suggestions??

Dear History Peeps:

I am a bit behind on getting together our site's annual Summer Speaker Series, and was wondering if any of you might have any suggestions for speakers on the following topics:

(1) Using Maps as historical sources
(2) Oral histories as historical source
(3) Photos as historical sources

The "theme" of this year's series is "Non-Traditional Historical Sources"
(i.e. not books and other written materials) and how they have helped shaped our understanding of history--Wisconsin history, if possible, but not absolutely necessary.

Prefereably, I'd like to find speakers who have used these various materials as a basis of their particular research, and they would present on how it informed their research.

That doesn't mean their work has to have used such sources exclusively.

There will be small honorariums offered to help offset expenses of time and travel.

Thanks for any ideas you might have!

Regards,

Destinee K. Udelhoven Executive Director Historic Indian Agency House at Fort Winnebago 608-742-6362 historicindianagencyhouse@gmail.com www.agencyhouse.org

      "Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, rest this afternoon."

~Charles M. Schulz