Re: Speaker Suggestions??

ksampson2@wi.rr.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:56:22 +0000

Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:56:22 +0000
From:  <ksampson2@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Speaker Suggestions??

Destinee I would possibly be interested in presenting a presentation I have
 just completed about 500 photographs that were taken during the 1919, 1920
, and 1932 Aztalan Excavtions by Samuel A. Barrett of the Milwaukee Public Museum. This was the first professional, systematic archaeological excavati on conducted in Wisconsin, on Wisconsin's premier Archaeological Site and f irst farming village. These photographs were the key to reconstructing what
 was done. etc. Let me know if this might interest you and your crowd. Thanks, Kurt Sampson
---- Destinee Udelhoven <destineekae@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear History Peeps:
>
> I am a bit behind on getting together our site's annual Summer Speaker Se
ries, and was wondering if any of you might have any suggestions for speake rs on the following topics:

> (1) Using Maps as historical sources
> (2) Oral histories as historical source
> (3) Photos as historical sources
>
> The "theme" of this year's series is "Non-Traditional Historical Sources"
 (i.e. not books and other written materials) and how they have helped shap ed our understanding of history--Wisconsin history, if possible, but not ab solutely necessary.

> Prefereably, I'd like to find speakers who have used these various materi
als as a basis of their particular research, and they would present on how it informed their research.

> That doesn't mean their work has to have used such sources exclusively.
>
> There will be small honorariums offered to help offset expenses of time a
nd travel.

> Thanks for any ideas you might have!
>
> Regards,
>
> Destinee K. Udelhoven

Executive Director

Historic Indian Agency House at Fort Winnebago

608-742-6362

historicindianagencyhouse@gmail.com
> www.agencyhouse.org
>
> “Learn from yesterday, live for today, look to tomorrow, re
st this afternoon.”

> ~Ch
arles M. Schulz