Re: Help from the city

Bill Schuette (wschuette1@frontier.com)
Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:10:55 -0500

From: "Bill Schuette" <wschuette1@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: Help from the city
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:10:55 -0500

The Sauk County Historical Society receives $11,000 from Sauk County. Each year, we do a power point presentation for the Finance Committee, highlighting what we have done during the past year. We have been granted a similar amount for the past number of years without any problems. We have 2 facilities, a museum and research center, and a part-time staff of 3, and recently hired a full-time Executive Director (who is helping raise money for his salary). Our plans are to contact each township (22 in all) in the county and request $250 from each. We will also be presenting a program in each township, highlighting its history, with a power point presentation, which will include old photos and maps of the area. This presentation is open to all township residents. We also request if anyone has old photos of the township (which we ask to scan), and any interesting artifacts relating to the township’s history. It has been a successful endeavor in the past. Bill Schuette Sauk County Historical Society Board of Directors

From: David Totten Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 11:26 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: Help from the city

New Berlin owns all the buildings we operate. Some were moved on site and/or refurbished at our society’s expense, but the city has taken ownership. Our lease agreement specifies the city is responsible for grounds and exterior building maintenance.

Here is an excerpt from out lease agreement:

The City shall retain responsibility for the repair and maintenance of the exterior of the buildings, grounds, as well as the repair of mechanical systems within the structures on the Historical Park site. NBHS shall be responsible for the normal repair and maintenance of the interior of the structures at the Historic Park site and shall maintain the interior of the lease premises in substantially the same condition as they existed on the date of this lease, reasonable wear and tear accepted.

We are fortunate that both parties consider our relationship mutually beneficial.

David Totten

President of the Board of Directors

New Berlin Historical Society

www.newberlinhistoricalsociety.org

262-643-8855

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Westby Area Historical Society Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:40 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Help from the city

Hello,

I am wondering if any of your organizations receive help from the city where you are located and if so, what kind of help or how many dollars. I will be attending our city council meeting to ask for some assistance and would like to have information on what other Wisconsin towns and cities do to support their local historical societies. Bringing facts to this meeting would give me some ammunition!

Thanks everyone!

Kathy

Secretary, Westby Area Historical Society

-------