RE: Help from the city

Brown County Historical Society (bchs@netnet.net)
Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:24:25 -0500

From: "Brown County Historical Society" <bchs@netnet.net>
Subject: RE: Help from the city
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:24:25 -0500

Hi Kathy, I am with the Brown County Historical Society in Green Bay ( confusing title ,we are not a County Organization )and we do not get any county or city funding. In fact the Historic House that we operate was at one time owned by the County Museum and they did not feel it was in their mission to support it so the Brown County Historical Society purchased it in 1985. ( We should have held out for some support)

I hope you get the City to support your Society

Christine Dunbar

Executive Director

Brown County Historical Society

1008 South Monroe Ave. Green Bay, WI 54301

920-437-1840

bchs@netnet.net

www.browncohistoricalsoc.org

Best

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Westby Area Historical Society Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:40 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Help from the city

Hello,

I am wondering if any of your organizations receive help from the city where you are located and if so, what kind of help or how many dollars. I will be attending our city council meeting to ask for some assistance and would like to have information on what other Wisconsin towns and cities do to support their local historical societies. Bringing facts to this meeting would give me some ammunition!

Thanks everyone!

Kathy

Secretary, Westby Area Historical Society