Blue Star Museum Participation

John and Denise Wright (jdwright2@tds.net)
Tue, 13 Jun 2017 20:00:33 -0500

From: "John and Denise Wright" <jdwright2@tds.net>
Subject: Blue Star Museum Participation
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 20:00:33 -0500

Hello, All - I'm curious to know how many other historical museums are part of the Blue Star Museum program? It's a national program (NEA) where museums of all types agree to offer free admission to active military and their families from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Our Swiss Historical Village & Museum has been involved with this program for several years. We don't get a ton of activity (a little over 45 free admissions last season), but it's such a positive way to acknowledge our country's military families.

Here's a link to the Blue Star Museum website in case you'd like more details:

https://www.arts.gov/national/blue-star-museums

Peace. - Denise Anton Wright (New Glarus Historical Society)