Re: Doing research on Curators/Guides

onthelake2@tds.net
Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:22:09 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 22:22:09 -0400 (EDT)
From: "onthelake2@tds.net" <onthelake2@tds.net>
Subject: Re: Doing research on Curators/Guides

Cathi, Here's what we do at the Iola Historical Society in regards to your questions: What hours are your Museums open? Noon to 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays, June thru August. Also open for special events on Memorial Day and in October for a Fall fest. We also have had local business and civic groups hold meetings during the weekdays and weeknights. Do the same people work all day, or do you have split shifts? Since it's just a three-hour stint, our docents work the entire three hours. We have seven buildings on our "campus" to tour, so we have at least two docents on hand for Saturdays, more for special events. How often does 1 person work in a week (days in a week)? One, although we also have a "work day" on Wednesday mornings, which is voluntary. Are you paid or is it a volunteer position? All our positions are volunteers.hope this helps! All the best,

Greg Loescher Iola Historical Society

----- Original Message ----- From: Cathi Malke <cathim@cityofpeshtigo.us> To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Sent: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 12:46:34 -0400 (EDT) Subject: Doing research on Curators/Guides

<!--

@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}

        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;} span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;} div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
-->Doing a survey to see what other Museums are doing that have Curators/Guides. Looking for answers to the following questions. What hours are your Museums open?Do the same people work all day, or do you have split shifts?How often does 1 person work in a week (days in a week)?Are you paid or is it a volunteer position?If you are paid, what type of compensation do you receive? Any other information you might have that would be helpful would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Sincerely,Cathi MalkePresident, Peshtigo Historical Society