RE: Question about apps for iPad in museum exhibits - recommendations?

Gilman, Alice (agilman@newlondonwi.org)
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 18:40:53 +0000

From: "Gilman, Alice" <agilman@newlondonwi.org>
Subject: RE: Question about apps for iPad in museum exhibits - recommendations?
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 18:40:53 +0000

If I had to do it quickly, I would use an image gallery app dedicated to th e presentation and a security (parental) control app, such as the Kids Plac e App, to control which apps can be opened on the home screen.

Wendy Stone Program Coordinator New London Public Museum 406 S. Pearl St. New London, WI 54961 920.982.8520 http://www.newlondonwi.org/museum Like our Facebook Page!
[cid:[cid:image001.png@01D34296.8E7890B0]

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of JANET IRENE SEYMOUR Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 10:49 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Cc: Director Subject: Question about apps for iPad in museum exhibits - recommendations?

Please see the question below - and share your suggestions! Thanks, Janet

The Waupaca Historical Society will be purchasing an iPad and stand in the next months, thanks to a generous donation. We are planning to put photos a nd histories of the Chain O'Lakes on this iPad. While most of this informat ion and photos/postcards are available and scanned, I am not sure where to start in terms of a program/app or website that people that scroll through on the iPad. I need some sort of platform to utilize on the iPad (something
 user friendly and relatively easy to create/build) to put these photos and
 information into for people to look through. Any ideas or suggestions of w here to start?

Tracy Behrendt Director Waupaca Historical Society

Janet Seymour, Northern Region

Local History-Field Services

Office of Programs and Outreach

Wisconsin Historical Society

c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire

105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701

715-836-2250 janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org<mailto:<mailto:janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.or g>

Wisconsin Historical Society

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846<http://www.wisconsinh istory.org/?utm_source=Email%20Signatures&amp;amp%3Butm_medium=email&am p;amp%3Butm_campaign=si>