RE: How do you manage your grounds?

Bobbie Erdmann (bobbiee@centurytel.net)
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:14:09 -0500

From: "Bobbie Erdmann" <bobbiee@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: How do you manage your grounds?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:14:09 -0500

The Berlin Area Historical Society does not hire a grounds keeper. Volunteers keep the grounds

(which aren't large) for 3 of our buildings and the 4th is located in one of our parks. The city crew

just includes the area around our building when they are doing the park. (We only own the building,

not the grounds it sits on).

    We have, in the past, paid a young man who lived next door to our 3 buildings to cut the grass and

shovel snow but they moved and now a member takes care of it all.

Bobbie Erdmann

  _____

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Katie Kirby Sent: Monday, June 11, 2018 10:20 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: How do you manage your grounds?

Hi list serve! The board at my organization is looking into options for managing our grounds.

Does your organization hire a grounds keeper? Does a local government provide one for you? Do volunteers do all of the grounds keeping? If it is some combination of the three, what are the percentages? What has your experience been with how it works out for you?

Thank you!