Rootsweb free websites are coming back!

russhanson (russhanson@grantsburgtelcom.net)
Thu, 05 Jul 2018 09:42:22 -0500

Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 09:42:22 -0500
From: russhanson <russhanson@grantsburgtelcom.net>
Subject: Rootsweb free websites are coming back!

For those of us who have used rootsweb's free websites for our history web site, an update. Late last fall Ancestry.com who took over rootsweb found some security issues and took much of rootsweb down. It has gradually been coming back, with the latest being the websites.

You can see the list of websites already back at https://home.rootsweb.com/sites/siteDirectory and you can request your specific one to be replaced if it isn't there already.

The free rootwseb sites were quite nice, easy to access and many history and genealogy societies used them and now appear to be able to continue to use them in the future. Right now they are being restored, but we can't update them yet.

Russ Hanson Polk County Wisconsin Genealogical Society http://sites.rootsweb.com/~wipolk/ (our old rootsweb free site). http://polkwigenealogy.com/ Our newer paid site