RE: Finding Grants

Askin, Tim (Tim.Askin@milwaukee.gov)
Mon, 9 Jul 2018 13:25:19 +0000

From: "Askin, Tim" <Tim.Askin@milwaukee.gov>
Subject: RE: Finding Grants
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 13:25:19 +0000

IMLS grants are highly competitive, but regular and reliable. I have rarely ever seen grants available for operational expenses. https://www.imls.gov/grants/apply-grant/available-grants

Tim Askin, Senior Planner Historic Preservation Commission City of Milwaukee 414-286-5712 Tim.Askin@Milwaukee.gov

NEW OFFICE LOCATION Zeidler Municipal Building 841 N. Broadway, Rm B1

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Dane County Historical Society Sent: Monday, July 02, 2018 5:00 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Finding Grants

Hello,

What are some tried and true sources that folks have used for finding grants? We know about the Mini-grant program through WHS, but also we want to broaden our options for applying to more grants to increase our chances of receiving one.

We are especially interested in finding grants for projects, operations and to pay consultant fees.

Thank you! Helen Helen Wirka Administrator Dane County Historical Society Lussier Family Heritage Center 3101 Lake Farm Road Madison, WI 53711 ph: 608-224-3605 Follow us on Facebook! http://bit.ly/2xMGnW6 The City of Milwaukee is subject to Wisconsin Statutes related to public records. Unless otherwise exempted from the public records law, senders and receivers of City of Milwaukee e-mail should presume that e-mail is subject to release upon request, and is subject to state records retention requirements. See City of Milwaukee full e-mail disclaimer at www.milwaukee.gov/email_disclaimer