RE: URGENT! I need government funding comparisons ASAP.

Askin, Tim (Tim.Askin@milwaukee.gov)
Tue, 6 Nov 2018 17:23:55 +0000

From: "Askin, Tim" <Tim.Askin@milwaukee.gov>
Subject: RE: URGENT! I need government funding comparisons ASAP.
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 17:23:55 +0000

Milwaukee County provides a building and some funding for the Milwaukee County Historical Society. However, the building was specifically donated by a bank for the exclusive use of the Historical Society. I can’t speak to any numbers. The funding is primarily because they are an official depository of some of the county’s records.

Tim Askin, Senior Planner Historic Preservation Commission City of Milwaukee 414-286-5712 Tim.Askin@Milwaukee.gov

NEW OFFICE LOCATION Zeidler Municipal Building 841 N. Broadway, Rm B1

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Buffalo County Historical Society Sent: Monday, November 05, 2018 10:58 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: URGENT! I need government funding comparisons ASAP.

Hey there!

We just successfully were able to avoid having the county move our office out of the courthouse a few weeks ago, and we recently found that in retaliation, they are talking about possibly taking away our entire cash donation from the County Board in their 2019 budget. We have an annual budget of about $50,000 total, and their contribution has been $7,000 and office space each of the last two years. Could you please share with me any contributions you receive from local government donors and what your organization is?

I need this to help us make our case as soon as possible, so time is of the essence. :)

Thank you so very much! Mr. Kelly Herold Executive Director Buffalo County Historical Society 608-685-6290 www.bchsonline.com<http://www.bchsonline.com/> The City of Milwaukee is subject to Wisconsin Statutes related to public records. Unless otherwise exempted from the public records law, senders and receivers of City of Milwaukee e-mail should presume that e-mail is subject to release upon request, and is subject to state records retention requirements. See City of Milwaukee full e-mail disclaimer at www.milwaukee.gov/email_disclaimer